Wednesday, July 6, 2016

1958 chevy Queen size Truck bed

Beautiful Unique Full/ Queen Size Truck Bed made from a 1858 chevy Apache 3100 pickup truck. The dark blue green with a yellow patina looks amazing. And of course the Tailgate Open into a sturdy  bench. The tail lights and dome lights work with LED Lights in them.

I was contacted by a buyer about building this beautiful Unique Queen size bed. I set out to find a 1958 truck to build a bed. The same year her parents were married. I found a stripped 58 cab, and a complete 58 box from 2 different trucks, but from the same owner. I went to work cutting the cab and box from the frame's of the different trucks. I brought them home and started trimming them down for the parts that I needed, then started to build the frame for the queen size bed and fitting  the tailgate and rounding off all the sharp edges.  I ordered new glass, tailgate hinges and chains, lights for the rear and dome light in the cab. As I e-mailed the buyer about the color she chose a beautiful stock 58 chevy blue green color. We started it off with a creamy yellow base color and topping it off with a beautiful blue / green color. I installed all the accessories, and made a rustic bumper out of wood. We had the privilege to deliver the bed to their beautiful Lake house in Indiana.  

5 comments:

  1. Retractable - This kind of tonneau cover is generally made of either vinyl or aluminum supports that withdraw along a track on either side of the truck side rails into a canister situated behind the taxicab of the truck that extends over the truck bed. The main part of the canister sits under the truck bed blanket leaving a totally level surface on top of your truck bed. best tri fold truck tonneau cover

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chevy Queen size Truck bed is interesting because it's truck bed. is this available in marketplace? best queen bed frame

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The beds are Built upon order. I can build one to size (King, Queen, Full) and I also can paint them to the color you want. The lights turn on and the tailgates fold down. If you order one now I can have it finished before Christmas. You can Email me direct at Tailgatecustoms@gmail.com
      Thanks Travis

      Delete
  4. Very nice bed I had one when I was ONLY a little guy I loved it it got me into cars and trucks I'm now a mechanic for aliving thanks dad love ya your son Ranger

    ReplyDelete